newLife has partnered with other local churches to provide Street Pastors.
A Street Pastor is a volunteer who will spend time on the streets of Scunthorpe on a Friday or Saturday night as part of a team who will be there to communicate with and care for people on a night out in the town.
What is expected of you?
- Be passionate about helping people who get themselves into difficulties.
- Have good communication skills and be willing to interact with people who are in various states of intoxication.
- Be willing to work as part of a team.
- Be able to deal with potentially serious and emotionally challenging situations.
Street Pastors currently operate on a Saturday night and some bank holidays but are looking to extend the ministry to a Friday night as well. The team meet at 22:00 for prayer at The Well on Frodingham Road before going out onto the streets at 22:30. The session normally concludes around 04:00 on the following morning.
Your team would normally be required to serve one night each month.
What can you expect as a Street Pastor?
- Receive full and on-going support from the Street Pastor management team, including periodic meetings to review progress and resolve issues.
- Receive training for the role as appropriate.
- Be involved in team discussions to further develop this ministry.