Friends and Partners
As a Friend or Partner you will be a key part of life at newLife. You will be among the first to hear of new activities and exciting ventures, you’ll have regular opportunities to be inspired by leaders, you’ll receive frequent e-bulletins about newLife’s ministries and you can expect to enjoy informal buffets and other activities laid on for Friends and Partners.
Of course as a Friend or Partner you will enjoy the greatest privilege of all, serving with a smile. Many of our growing number of teams will be made up solely of Friends or Partners. This is because we know you are truly committed to serving Christ with the flavour and values of newLife.
A Friend of newLife is ..
..a follower of Jesus Christ who has made newLife their spiritual home.
- They are 14 years of age or older.
- They participate in a newLife cell group and view it as a valuable part of their life journey.
- They enjoy being involved in newLife’s weekly celebrations where the newlife family meets together to praise God and to be inspired.
- They join with others at regular Friends and Partners buffets to hear about what God is doing in and through newLife.
- They actively look for ways to serve God with joy and enthusiasm through newLife’s many teams.
- They show their grateful response to God in part by giving financially to newLife in a considered and generous manner.
- They understand that leadership at all levels will seek to help them with their personal spiritual growth.
A Partner of newLife is ..
.. a committed and active contributor to the newLife family and its vision.
- They are at least 18 years of age.
- They have a healthy and regular devotional life with God.
- They participate in newLife’s cell groups, celebrations and core activities.
- They understand and endeavour to live-out newLife’s values.
- They aim to serve God with joy and enthusiasm through one or more of newLife’s many teams.
- They respond to God by offering Him their time, talent and treasure.
- They give eagerly and generously to support the ministries of the church and understand that systematic giving of one tenth of earnings is a biblical and helpful guiding principle.
- They honour and respect the leadership of newLife at all levels and accept its considered and prayerful input into their lives.
What to do next ..
- Make sure you’ve read the information on this page (or in the equivalent leaflet) and understood it.
- Have a chat with your cell group leader about the increased commitment in becoming a Friend or a Partner.
- Look & listen out for invites to sessions for those wanting to become a Friend or a Partner.
- Complete the application form below (or paper equivalent – which you should hand to your cell leader or Reception staff).
- If you’ve applied to become a Partner then you will be invited to meet with a member of the leadership for an informal chat and they will fill you in with any more information you require.
- Once the information has been logged we’ll send you a welcome pack to help you become involved in life at newLife.